[oi-dev] runpath check in OI pkglint userland check

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Tue Feb 8 19:09:56 UTC 2022

This PR (pull request) seems fine to me;
I can only agree that improving the pkglint tool,
without changing it in a incompatible way, should be an improvement.

The 32bit path for 64bit bin or 32bit bin in 64bit path checks,
are useful, and I like the Solaris and OpenIndiana / OpenSolaris setup for 32bit/64bit paths.

Hopefully this feature remains in there.

For Smalltalk / Squeak for example, the 32bit binaries for 32bit Smalltalk VM's remain useful,
and Squeak is built in both 32bit and 64bit;

I would not like having to build Squeak 64bit only,
since there are a lot of 32bit Smalltalk images out there which are opened by the 32bit binary.

Anyway pkglint enforces the layout of those paths, so pkglint is a great help.

Regards,
David Stes