[oi-dev] /usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil crashes immediately

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Feb 10 22:36:15 UTC 2022

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Stephan Althaus wrote:

> o support your investigation, I tried mdb and it says
>
> mdb: target performed exec of /usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil
> *Panic: epoll_ctl(add, 4) failed: Not owner (fd doesn't support epoll)*

The last time I built dovecot under OmniOS (quite some time ago), it
picked up Linux compatibility functions such as epoll() which were
implemented for Linux system call emulation but did not work in
dovecot.  So the solution was to force using the more native poll(2)
instead.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn