[oi-dev] /usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil crashes immediately

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Fri Feb 11 05:54:33 UTC 2022

On 2/10/22 23:36, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Stephan Althaus wrote:
>>
>> o support your investigation, I tried mdb and it says
>>
>> mdb: target performed exec of /usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil
>> *Panic: epoll_ctl(add, 4) failed: Not owner (fd doesn't support epoll)*
>
> The last time I built dovecot under OmniOS (quite some time ago), it
> picked up Linux compatibility functions such as epoll() which were
> implemented for Linux system call emulation but did not work in
> dovecot.  So the solution was to force using the more native poll(2)
> instead.
>
> Bob

Hello!

There is some "ifdef" mechanic in there, so you could disable the epoll
mechanism with a simple patch and make dovecot use a different approach.

Have a look in  core/m4/ioloop.m4

Ah, there is a configure option --with-ioloop=poll

Have a look in  core/configure.ac

Greetings,

Stephan