[oi-dev] Proposal to change documentation structure for some pages

James Madgwick james at madgwick.xyz
Sat Jan 15 11:05:54 UTC 2022

Hi,

I've added an issue (https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-docs/issues/211)
which proposes splitting some of the docs content into separate pages.

In particular I noticed it when formatting some content from the old
Wiki for transfer. There's quite a bit covering ZFS to migrate, putting
it all into an existing page would increase the length significantly.

My concern is there's a lot of content packed into a single page in
some cases and this is not the easiest to navigate. It is not entirely
clear which topics are covered by which page in the handbook - there is
some overlap.

It might be possible to keep the same number of pages and instead
investigate changes to the layout/theme in MkDocs; so it is easier to
find subsections. Some content could maybe move between the sections
where appropriate.

Thanks,
James