[oi-dev] Proposal to change documentation structure for some pages

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Jan 15 18:43:42 UTC 2022

I don't know how the docs ("handbook") was made, but I am under the impression that it attempts to follow the structure of the FreeBSD Handbook.

For FreeBSD there are several parts,

Part I. Getting Started
Part II. Common Tasks
Part III. System Administration
Part IV. Network Communication
Part V. Appendices

They have their ZFS chapter (for FreeBSD) as "Chapter 20. The Z File System (ZFS)" in part III.

So the pages for the OpenIndiana docs "getting started" and "system administration" and "network communications" correspond with the Parts of the FreeBSD handbook; but a division in chapters like FreeBSD is doing, could be a good idea ...

Regards,
David Stes