[oi-dev] oi-docs contirbution on $HOME/.imf and input method

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sun Jan 23 12:57:07 UTC 2022

I made some screenshots on how to enable Input methods in MATE and the resulting $HOME/.imf file.

My oi-docs pull request documents (with 2 screenshots) how to enable IM and the configuration file  $HOME/.imf  in OpenIndiana, for example to configure the Dutch/Belgian input method.

This can be used to enter characters such as ruïne or poëzie in Dutch, this is not so common,
and I believe not even required in Dutch spelling, but you can use and enter a "trema" using IM for Dutch using the Belgian keyboard ...

I think the German 'Umlaut" is similar (but no exactly the same) as the Dutch trema although its use is probably different.

Anyway - as far as I'm concerned I think the OpenIndiana default not to run IM, is perfectly fine ...

Regards,
David Stes