[oi-dev] Perl 5.34

Klaus Ziegler klausz at haus-gisela.de
Sat Mar 12 10:36:32 UTC 2022

Hi Team,

it's now quite some time ago, since Tim Mooney has provided the
new perl version 5.34 to oi-userland.
Unfortunately it is still not used for new projects/components, see
postgres-14 :-( , I'm nearly done removing perl versions: 5.22, 5.24
from oi-userland on SPARC. During this process I modified more than
50 components and noted the changes, I will do my best to get all
these #PRs submitted asap, but if now and then, a new component
pops up using these old versions, I will never finish that job.

Please, refrain from using perl-522/524 for new components.

Thank you very much
Klaus

P.S. the Makefile patch for postgres-14 attached.