[oi-dev] Perl 5.34

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Sat Mar 12 14:17:56 UTC 2022

Based on the comment for PERL_VERSION in oi-userland/makerules/shared-macros.mk
I think the idea is to continue to use the 5.22 and 5.24 perl versions,
until it is changed system-wide.

At least that's how I interpret the comment above PERL_64_ONLY_VERSIONS :

# This is the default BUILD version of perl
# Not necessarily the system's default version, i.e. /usr/bin/perl
PERL_VERSION =  5.22

# Do *not* add 5.34 to PERL_VERSIONS/PERL_64_ONLY_VERSIONS yet.  We'll
# enable it system-wide once all existing perl modules have been rebuilt
# with support for all three current perl versions.
PERL_VERSIONS = 5.22 5.24

PERL_64_ONLY_VERSIONS = 5.24