[oi-dev] Mount of USB stick now succeeds

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Mar 23 14:55:29 UTC 2022

On 3/23/22 03:48, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
> Am 22.03.22 um 22:41 schrieb Gary Mills:
>> I'm pleased to report that automount of a USB stick now succeeds under
>> OI on one of my systems.  I upgraded from hipster-20210514 to
>> hipster-20220322, and after the reboot it started working.
>>
>> I assume it was the backport of glib that fixed the problem, although
>> I still believe the bug is actually in hal .  My guess is that the the
> Yes, I downgraded to glib-2.62.6 (as fake 2.66.8). Solaris-userland is
> at glib-2.70 so they seem to have fixed either hal or glib.

I don't remember what issue you're discussing here, but we did apply a
simple fix to Solaris HAL to make hal-storage-mount work with newer glib
releases a while back:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/alanc/hal/-/commit/8953bfd08e6119368152ded0aa4d355a7609de93

But it looks like that was needed for glib 2.55.0 and later, so may be
a different issue than you're hitting now.

The only other USB device mounting bug I see us fixing in hal since then
was to workaround an issue in the Studio 12.6 compiler, which you wouldn't
be using:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/alanc/hal/-/commit/a3e3d718f64be8f9477019d48267001c7b91a4cd

but you can look through the list of our changes at
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/alanc/hal/-/commits/solaris
to see if there's something I didn't notice that would help you.

You can also grab the FOSS source code from our recent CBE build release at
https://www.oracle.com/downloads/opensource/solaris-source-code-downloads.html
but that's a large download since it includes all the upstream sources for
our solaris-userland as well as the FOSS code from our ON gate that's required
to be released under the terms of its licenses.

	-alan-