[oi-dev] VLC maintainer ?

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sun May 1 12:54:21 UTC 2022

Am 01.05.22 um 14:42 schrieb stes at PANDORA.BE:
> I'm a user of the VLC media player on OpenIndiana;
>
> I've noticed that the videolan.org website lists 3.0.17.4 as the latest version, while OpenIndiana delivers 3.0.16.
>
> Assuming that there is currently no OI maintainer for VLC, I'm creating a PR (pull request) to update to 3.0.17.4,
> although obviously if the current VLC maintainer would like to continue work on this package,
> that is not a problem of course.
>
> Regards,
> David Stes

Everybody is free (and welcomed) to create PR's for every package in
oi-userland.
You should at least test it in your environment and write about how you
tested it in the PR's.
You should also check whether other packages are effected by an upgrade
and provide one or more helper PR's with rebuilds if needed.
Note that we cannot have upgrades and rebuilds of effected packages in
the same PR because that's how our build server works.
An update is not available before the build and deployment succeeded.
Thus, we need separate PR's for the upgrade of one package and a second
PR for its dependent packages.

Andreas