[oi-dev] strange compiler error

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 20:56:24 UTC 2022

Hi,

You're passing an option that's only valid for gnu ld, but the ld in use
is the illumos one.

Presumably you're picking up the gnu ld manual page because of the way
your PATH is set, but gcc is explicitly configured to use a particular ld
(and as - see the output of 'gcc -v' for how it's configured) rather than
picking
it out of the PATH.

-Peter Tribble