[oi-dev] $WS_TOOLS/python-integrate-project

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Mon Nov 28 16:40:20 UTC 2022

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 05:16:47PM +0100, Nona Hansel wrote:
> However, updating texttable, I ran
>

> $WS_TOOLS/python-integrate-project texttable
>
> in oi-userland/components/python/texttable directory or in oi-userland/ and
> got this mesage:
>
> -bash: /python-integrate-project: No such file or directory

You need this first:

WS_TOOLS=$(git rev-parse --show-toplevel)/tools

or alternatively (the above one is more reliable)

WS_TOOLS=$(gmake print-value-WS_TOOLS)

Anyway, I assume the texttable update will fail now using the
python-integrate-project tool, because the tool is very strict.  It
requires really _all_ declared dependencies by a project, and it also
requires all tests to pass.  This was usually not the case earlier where
testing was usually simply skipped.

I'm currently in a middle (or at beginnig? :-)) of converting all Python
projects to python-integrate-project and to include all dependencies for
them, also for testing.  I now have ca 80 Python projects in the queue
waiting for something (usually for other projects to get integrated
first).  I started with handfull already integrated Python projects to
convert them to python-integrate-project (and possibly update them), but
because of dependencies I'm now at vastly higher number :-).

The texttable is not in my queue yet, so you can try to convert it to
use python-integrate-project (and let me know the result).

> How do I use this command? And is it usable for every python component?

You can try to read draft of documentation for perl-integrate-module at:
https://github.com/mtelka/oi-userland/blob/pim-doc/doc/perl-modules.md
The perl-integrate-module is similar tool as python-integrate-project
but targetting Perl.  The usage of both tools should be as similar as
possible (modulo differences caused by Perl and Python itself; for
example Python have no problem with versions, while Perl does).

HTH.