[oi-dev] how to change local build repo prefix

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 15:25:46 UTC 2022

The publisher is set to userland for a specific reason. It makes it easy
to tell pkg to install the package from the openindiana.org publisher if
a newer version makes it there. If you change the publisher that
prevents the you from being able to uninstall all userland publisher
provided packages at once.

However here are two ways.

1. Set the environment variable PUBLISHER to "openindiana.org" the
Makefiles respect what is inside this env variable while setting their
variable.

2. Setup userland as publisher without source `pkg set-publisher
--non-sticky userland` and then whenever you need to install a package
you can do `pkg install -g $WS_TOP/i386/repo $PKG`

Hope this helps
-Till