[oi-dev] libstdc++.so version

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Wed Sep 14 17:08:22 UTC 2022

On Wed, 14 Sept 2022 at 09:29, Andreas Wacknitz <a.wacknitz at gmx.de> wrote:
> > # pkg contents -r system/library/g++-4-runtime | grep libstdc++
> > usr/lib/amd64/libstdc++.so
> > usr/lib/amd64/libstdc++.so.6
> > usr/lib/amd64/libstdc++.so.6.0.20
> > usr/lib/libstdc++.so
> > usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
> > usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.20
> > #
> >
> Yes, I sometimes forget about this old version. I want to get rid of it
> but alas rustup is using this version.

Rustup does not use the dynamic libstdc++, it uses these:

    /usr/lib/64/libssp.so.0
    /usr/lib/64/libgcc_s.so.1

As far as I know, libgcc_s.so.1 and libssp.so.0 are generally
backwards compatible, so it seems like it would be fine to ship a
mediated symlink for those paths into /usr/gcc/7/lib/amd64 or
whatever.

The only reason we use the "system/library/g++-4-runtime" package at
all for Rustup is that libssp.so.0 is shipped in that package by
mistake, rather than in "gcc-4-runtime", even though it's not really a
C++ thing.

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow