[oi-dev] FLAG-DAY: We started to obsolete python 2.7 and 3.5

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Thu Sep 29 16:46:40 UTC 2022

> Based on the rule above we already obsoleted following packages
> recently:

> library/python/mkdocs

see http://docs.openindiana.org/contrib/getting-started/

that page says for installing mkdocs:

"For OpenIndiana Hipster, MKDocs and all of it's dependencies have been packaged and are available in the OI Hipster repository. So, if you're already running Hipster, installing MKDocs is as simple as: pkg install mkdocs"

also my vagrant image for oi-docs is using the IPS mkdocs package:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/vagrantfiles

I can confirm that there's problems with the mkdocs IPS package as it is based on the old 2.7 Python.

David Stes