[oi-dev] Gimp and G++10 issue

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jan 20 18:37:01 UTC 2023

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023, Carsten Grzemba via oi-dev wrote:

> and compile the test source with g++ 7 it works:
> ./jens
> Caught error No namespace info available for XMP prefix `gnome'
> http://www.gnome.org/xmp/
>

> and if I compile the test source with g++ 10 it crashes:
>
> ./jens
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Exiv2::BasicError<char>'
> what(): No namespace info available for XMP prefix `gnome'
> Abort (core dumped)
>

> Anyone how have an idea what the problem here?

A problem like this seems most likely to be a mixup of C++ run-time
libraries.

If any C code is involved in the exception path, then GCC needs to
have exceptions enabled while compiling the C code (-fexceptions),
except that it may be that GCC for some systems has this option
enabled by default.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn