[oi-dev] Gimp and G++10 issue

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Fri Jan 20 20:38:10 UTC 2023

Am 20.01.23 19:37 schrieb Bob Friesenhahn  <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us>:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023, Carsten Grzemba via oi-dev wrote:
> >
> >and compile the test source with g++ 7 it works:
> >./jens
> >Caught error No namespace info available for XMP prefix `gnome'
> >http://www.gnome.org/xmp/
> >

> >and if I compile the test source with g++ 10 it crashes:
> >
> >./jens
> >terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Exiv2::BasicError<char>'
> >what(): No namespace info available for XMP prefix `gnome'
> >Abort (core dumped)
> >

> >Anyone how have an idea what the problem here?
>
> A problem like this seems most likely to be a mixup of C++ run-time libraries.
>
> If any C code is involved in the exception path, then GCC needs to have exceptions enabled while compiling the C code (-fexceptions), except that it may be that GCC for some systems has this option enabled by default.
>
> Bob

In the simple example jens.cpp is on top of libexiv2.so only C++ source and here only involved:

 libexiv2.so.27 => /usr/lib/64/libexiv2.so.27
 libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/gcc/10/lib/amd64/libstdc++.so.6
 libm.so.2 => /lib/64/libm.so.2
 librt.so.1 => /lib/64/librt.so.1
 libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/gcc/10/lib/amd64/libgcc_s.so.1
 libc.so.1 => /lib/64/libc.so.1
 libnsl.so.1 => /lib/64/libnsl.so.1
 libsocket.so.1 => /lib/64/libsocket.so.1
 libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib/64/libexpat.so.1
 libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/64/libz.so.1
 libmp.so.2 => /lib/64/libmp.so.2
 libmd.so.1 => /lib/64/libmd.so.1

and in the stack trace then only C lib I seen was libc.so.1

therefore the option -fexception would not work in this case.
  --
<signatureafterquotedtext></signatureafterquotedtext>
Carsten