[oi-dev] libpulsecore error

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 10 00:55:20 UTC 2023

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 04:21:17PM +0100, Till Wegmüller wrote:

> Sounds like an actuator did not run correctly:

You were right.

> We have a couple SMF services that need to be restarted after updates one of
> the needs to be restarted after glib-2.0 files got updated.
[...]
> The FMRI I suspect has an issue is
> svc:/application/desktop-cache/gconf-cache:default and or

That's the one.

> svc:/application/desktop-cache/dconf-update:default
>
> The Patterns ins the Transforms is a standard python regex match of the file
> actions in the manifest. `pkg contents -m`

The method script, /lib/svc/method/gconf-cache, seems correct.  It,
however, invokes a python3.5 script,
/usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer, that fails on newly-installed
systems.  The error message that I got, normally not seen, is:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer", line 149, in <module>
        sys.exit(main())
      File "/usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer", line 123, in main
        os.stat_float_times (True)
    AttributeError: module 'os' has no attribute 'stat_float_times'

This script should, as a minimum, be converted to use a modern version
of python.  I better fix would be to modify the method script so that
it never needed to invoke the python script.  Both scripts are part of
illumos, I assume.