[oi-dev] libpulsecore error

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Mar 10 01:14:29 UTC 2023

On 3/9/23 16:55, Gary Mills wrote:
> The method script, /lib/svc/method/gconf-cache, seems correct.  It,
> however, invokes a python3.5 script,
> /usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer, that fails on newly-installed
> systems.  The error message that I got, normally not seen, is:
>
>      Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "/usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer", line 149, in <module>
>          sys.exit(main())
>        File "/usr/share/desktop-cache/find_newer", line 123, in main
>          os.stat_float_times (True)
>      AttributeError: module 'os' has no attribute 'stat_float_times'
>
> This script should, as a minimum, be converted to use a modern version
> of python.  I better fix would be to modify the method script so that
> it never needed to invoke the python script.  Both scripts are part of
> illumos, I assume.

No - they're part of oi-userland, via an ancient tarball from the old
OpenSolaris JDS consolidation:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/desktop/desktop-cache/desktop-cache.p5m
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/7c1cd7a0dd77ba0db18bb7b513ba643de6349451/components/desktop/desktop-cache/patches/01-python.patch

Both Tribblix & Solaris got rid of find_newer:

https://ptribble.blogspot.com/2016/08/updating-desktop-caches-and-tale-of-woe.html
https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/commit/ba967091f5e75913a3a273291882008516c0a239

In Solaris, I also got rid of the separate desktop-cache package and moved
the various SMF scripts into the packages for the libraries that build & use
them:
https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/commit/9f1a882f986b35fb81575a6ec3ec674697739cd0

	-alan-