[OpenIndiana-discuss] Release date: 15th September 2010

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 01:28:40 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Oracle OpenWorld is on September 19th and it's likely they'll announce Solaris 11 Express at this.

In order to capture as much market attention and have people start using the distribution, we absolutely must get our distro out the door before hand.

I've set 15th September 2010 as the very last date we can do this by - ideally by this point we should have:

* Our 147 build completed and in a public IPS repo
* A functional website up at http://openindiana.org
* All the showstopper bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/openindiana fixed

On the above date we should hold a press conference, similar to the Illumos one. 15th September is also LoSUG - I am going to ask the LoSUG leaders if we can hijack it to do our worldwide press conference with a camera stream and all the other related stuff.

Ladies and gentlemen, lets get this thing built and shipped!

Alasdair