[OpenIndiana-discuss] Text Installer creates rpool1

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Wed Dec 1 13:11:36 UTC 2010

> I tried the OI Build147 text installer for the first time, and ended
> up
> with rpool1 instead of the expected rpool.

As mentioned by Jeppe, destroying the old rpool will be a workaround for this. I guess what happens is that OI boots up, sees the rpool name in use and chooses rpool1.

> The other headache was getting static ip's setup.
> The "old way" with hostname.intf etc. produced a interface to nowhere.

Disable nwam and switch back to the old way:

# svcadm disable svc:/network/physical:nwam
# svcadm enable svc:/network/physical:default

The configure hostname.nicname as before

> Other than that, it has been stable and performing ok during testing
> with Intel SSD's for logs and 32x Seagate 2Tb SAS drives.

Out of curiosity, what controllers are you using? And what device naming are you getting? The old c0t0d0 or the newer c0tWWNd0? I get the latter on LSI 9211-8i controllers, and there, the device order fails to mirror the chassis order, with supermicro chassis (and even with direct attach).

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk.