[OpenIndiana-discuss] Suggestions for SATA HBAs

Alex Smith (K4RNT) shadowhunter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 05:50:07 UTC 2010

I'm looking for PCI-E x1 SATA HBAs - any suggestions on ones that
would work out of the box with OpenIndiana and related distros? I've
been tracking chipsets as they come out for other things, but not
storage.

I hope to repurpose my current desktop as a file server and general
purpose server in a home hobbyist setting. Are there any other options
besides x8 PCI-E HBAs out there? I'm not sure what current Silicon
Image controllers work.

Thanks in advance! :)

--
" ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech
censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied,