[OpenIndiana-discuss] openindiana state

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Dec 14 01:36:30 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, December 14, 2010 02:29 AM, Guido Berhoerster wrote:

> We have planned an extra consolidation where such packages could
> be maintained later, it is just not ready yet. In the meantime
> you could contribute packages to SFE which could later be
> imported into the OI project, see my other mail for details.

How does one contribute to SFE? For one, the bundled version of Samba on
147 is flaky. That is, the entire 3.5.x series seems to be flaky when it
comes to winbind. I have done a compile of 3.5.6 but I have not yet
tested it versus the bundled 3.5.4.

When I looked at SFE, it had a much older version in the spec file? Does
OI have its own 'copy' of SFE?