[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mouse pointers - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Dmitry G. Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Tue Dec 21 22:21:08 UTC 2010

Hi all,

In OpenSolaris 2009.06 there were nice mouse pointers.
Eventually they gone bad in 2010.03 and 11 Express (cannot understand why).
Obviously to fix these, in OpenIndiana build 148 we see the third breed
of them (taken from Linux?). I don't like these - the arrow has too
sharp tips, and the hand is simply awful. Classical wristwatch pointer
replaced with some "wheel".

How can I get 2009.06 pointers back?
Aren't they a part of Nimbus theme?
I don't want my OI installation to look like Linux.

See http://www.iconedit2.com/cursors.gif
<http://www.iconedit2.com/cursors.gif>

- Dmitry.