[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mouse pointers - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Tue Dec 21 23:59:56 UTC 2010

* Dmitry G. Kozhinov <dima at desktopfay.com> [2010-12-21 23:21]:
> Hi all,
>
> In OpenSolaris 2009.06 there were nice mouse pointers.
> Eventually they gone bad in 2010.03 and 11 Express (cannot understand why).

That was simply a bug.

> Obviously to fix these, in OpenIndiana build 148 we see the third
> breed of them (taken from Linux?). I don't like these - the arrow
> has too sharp tips, and the hand is simply awful. Classical
> wristwatch pointer replaced with some "wheel".
>
> How can I get 2009.06 pointers back?
> Aren't they a part of Nimbus theme?
> I don't want my OI installation to look like Linux.

No, the mouse cursors are not part of the Nimbus theme, they were
simply retrieved from gnome-look.org. The great thing about
themes is that you can change them, so if you'd like to get that
Windows 3.1-look back you can simply download the old Neutral
Plus Inverted cursor theme yourself from
http://www.gnome-look.org/CONTENT/content-files/70481-Neutral_Plus_Inv.tar.gz

--
Guido Berhoerster