[OpenIndiana-discuss] IO_b148 on an ATI HD 5770: Xorg failure / black screen

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Wed Dec 22 17:33:43 UTC 2010

I just installed OpenIndiana build 148 which was an update from
OpenSolaris build 134. All core components seem to work fine but as soon
as Xorg starts the screen turns black and there is no image signal in
any of the GPUs outputs. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue as
this prevents me from using and testing OI would be much appreciated. I
supply the Xorg log in case that would give any clue as to what might be
wrong.
- Robin.