[OpenIndiana-discuss] IO_b148 on an ATI HD 5770: Xorg failure / black screen

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Sun Dec 26 19:46:06 UTC 2010

Ken,

Thanks for these clarifications re Radeon, btw...

So, in an abundance of over-clarification: For my HD 3870, I've been resigned to using the vesa driver so far with this card; is this still the state of play?

I do understand from others here that I shouldn't expect any 3D functionality with this card, and that there's no way to use the card's processor to generate the graphical desktop we might try to send out via VNC, or other virtual desktop s'ware. Is all of this still true?

Lou