[OpenIndiana-discuss] IO_b148 on an ATI HD 5770: Xorg failure / black screen

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 20:12:29 UTC 2010

Hi Lou,

As for Solaris/OpenSolaris-based distros - like OI_148, consider current Xorg radeon driver support as "2D" only.

Official support for 'advanced' 3D functionality on OpenSolaris-based distros is in use of the Nvidia commercial driver and GPUs. Intel GPUs also are still supported for 3D functionality.

~ Ken Mays