[OpenIndiana-discuss] Regression of opensolaris.org bug: 12133/regular user can no longer eject removable media

Ivan Wang ivwang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 16:29:51 UTC 2010

> Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:03:31 +0100
> From: Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion list for OpenIndiana
>        <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
> Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Regression of opensolaris.org bug:
>        12133/regular user can no longer eject removable media

> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:59, hairryharry <hairryharry at tesco.net> wrote:
> > I have encountered same problem although usb drives mounting and opening
> in
> > gnome fine but unable to unmount from gnome and need to sudo umount to
> > remove.
>
> a guess: the primary administrator role was recently removed (in
> Solaris, anyway) - perhaps this is a repercussion thereof.

mm.. maybe, but my account does not have ¨Primary Administrator" anyway,
it's not the one created by installer.

So for workaround, I changed /etc/logindevperm (append the line below for
/dev/console) seems working and haven't seen negative impact so far
/dev/vt/console_user    0620    /dev/console            # workaround for
defect.opensolaris.org 12133

Still don't know why this is not needed in Solaris 11 Express, I checked
permission of /dev/vt/* and /dev/console, they are the same across s11x and
oi_148.

Cheers,
Ivan.