[OpenIndiana-discuss] Some questions about OpenIndiana (and Nexenta)

Gordon Ross Gordon.Ross at nexenta.com
Fri Dec 31 17:32:50 UTC 2010

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> thank you for your answer..
> On 1 January 2011 00:06, Edward Ned Harvey <openindiana at nedharvey.com>
> wrote:
> > zpool 28 is the latest open-source version.  Basically your options
> are
> > nexenta, openindiana, and freebsd.
> >        sol11exp has zpool 31
> >        nexenta has zpool 28
>
> Are you sure about nexenta ?
>
> The only reference I can find about nexenta is version 26 and that's
> in their forum, otherwise it's v22 (it's using b134)

Both the current Nexenta Core Platform (3.0)
and the current NexentaStor ZFS appliance (3.0.4)
support zpool versions up to 26:

admin at myhost:~$ uname -a
SunOS myhost 5.11 NexentaOS_134f i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
admin at myhost:~$ zpool upgrade -v
This system is currently running ZFS pool version 26.

The following versions are supported:

VER  DESCRIPTION
---  --------------------------------------------------------
[...]
 20  Compression using zle (zero-length encoding)
 21  Deduplication
 22  Received properties
 23  Slim ZIL
 24  System attributes
 25  Improved scrub stats
 26  Improved snapshot deletion performance

For more information on a particular version, including supported
releases, see the ZFS Administration Guide.