[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bordeaux running on OpenIndiana

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Wed Nov 3 10:12:02 UTC 2010

Both are commercial products that add to wine and provide support for it.
(There's at least one other such, too)

You pay for that, it's not free, like basic wine is, but you may get
some more functionality for it too.

There are comparisons out there, more or less.

Try googling for something like

crossover vs bordeaux

First link I got was
http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/09/crossover-bordeaux-cedega-vs-vanilla.html

As to why they're not together, presumably because they're _commercial_
support and enhancements to wine, and they are of course therefore
_intentionally_ competing for the $$.  As long as they're not violating
licenses with their extensions (I haven't investigated), I'm perfectly
fine with them making a buck and even competing.  The universe doesn't
exist to make life better for us...perhaps vice versa (voluntarily),
if anything...