[OpenIndiana-discuss] Strange outcome for image-update

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Mon Nov 8 15:07:14 UTC 2010

Paul Johnston wrote:
> paulj at openindiana:~/programming/ksh$ pfexec pkg image-update
>
>                 Packages to update:     1
>
>            Create boot environment:    No

"pkg history" should show what that one package was.

To see the full details of the last pkg operation:
	pkg history -n 1 -l

You may need to go back farther than 1, since some commands
result in multiple log entries.   For instance, on my SPARC
the last "operation" it shows is the rebuild-image-catalogs
after installing a package and I have to do -n 2 to see
what it actually installed:

Package version changes:

      End State:
None -> pkg://opensolaris.org/developer/gperf@3.0.3,5.11-0.149:20100924T140409Z