[OpenIndiana-discuss] Strange outcome for image-update

Paul Johnston paul.a.johnston at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Nov 8 16:03:29 UTC 2010

"pkg history" should show what that one package was.

To see the full details of the last pkg operation:
	pkg history -n 1 -l

You may need to go back farther than 1, since some commands
result in multiple log entries.   For instance, on my SPARC
the last "operation" it shows is the rebuild-image-catalogs
after installing a package and I have to do -n 2 to see
what it actually installed:

Package version changes:

      End State:
None ->
pkg://opensolaris.org/developer/gperf@3.0.3,5.11-0.149:20100924T140409Z

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com

Cheers!

paulj at openindiana:~/programming/ksh$ pfexec pkg history -n 1 -l
      Operation: image-update
        Outcome: Succeeded
         Client: pkg
        Version: 552262a56a9a
           User: paulj (101)
     Start Time: 2010-11-08T14:52:38
       End Time: 2010-11-08T14:53:02
        Command: /usr/bin/pkg image-update
    Start State:
Solver: [ Variables: 979 Clauses: 6249 Iterations: 1 State: Succeeded]
Timings: [phase 1:  0.751, phase 2:  0.022, phase 3:  5.962, phase 4:
1.140, phase 5:  0.006]
Maintained incorporations: None

Package version changes:

      End State:
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/gnome/gnome-incorporation@0.5.11,5.1
1-0.147:20100914T030830Z ->
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/gnome/gnome-incorporation@0.5.11,5.1
1-0.147:20100917T201104Z

I have incorporated a gnome!
Just thought the reference to Oracle Solaris 11 Express Release Notes
being deleted was funny!

Paul