[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 Express available

Gabriel de la Cruz gabriel.delacruz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:18:56 UTC 2010

Frank,
Good question. It al depends in Oracle and what kind of follow up OI makes,
if Oracle release their sources from time to time it would be easier to roll
from one system to the other, but if nothing happens probably we end up with
very close systems in terms of functionality but without such mixed
flexibility. Could it be a good practice to install Openindiana before
Solaris11?, so there is a roll back option? difficult to answer... I guess
they will keep the possibility to upgrade from Opensolaris for a while...

I guess the hardest question for anyone now is to guess how to follow the
big red O... not so talkative... not very motivated to help... a bit like a
turtle... you can look at it and see what it does... but otherwise, no real
interaction. And no matter how much love you give to it... it doesn't change
a single bit... it will just keep on its own.