[OpenIndiana-discuss] Slim XVM Installation

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Nov 17 15:12:05 UTC 2010

Mister Olli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently trying to setup an XVM server using oi_147.
>
> When looking at the packages that will be installed when adding XVM
> functionality, I couldn't believe my eyes ;-)
>
> Adding ~90 packages, including Xorg for virtualization is :-0
>
> The system should be functioning as a XEN server, working somewhere in a
> data center. Why ever should I install stuff like TWM, gnome-audio,
> xcalc and many more just to get a hypervisor running???

That looks like something had a dependency on the package that delivered
libX11 & the other X libraries & core X clients in B134 (x11/clients) and
hasn't been rebuilt with the X packages since that was split up into all
the smaller packages in B144, so just inherits the dependency on all the
new packages.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com