[OpenIndiana-discuss] SunStudio

Alex Viskovatoff viskovatoff at imap.cc
Wed Nov 17 21:22:17 UTC 2010

Instead of stlport4, you might try building against Apache stdcxx.
Boost does not officially support that, but there is a spec file here:

http://pkgbuild.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/SFEboost-stdcxx.spec?view=log

If you want, you can change the version number from 1_44 to 1_45; all
but a few libraries build.

SS starting with 12.1 has a -library=stdcxx4 option.  My experience is
that Boost built against stlport4 is buggy, the filesystem library, at
any rate.

With Solaris, it is preferred to build with Sun Studio, and to use gcc
only if you can't get something to build with cc/CC.

Alex