[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris 11 Express available

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 11:59:24 UTC 2010

BM wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
>>  The release notes have instructions on how to upgrade from opensolaris.
>> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-1479/gklaa?l=en&a=view
>>
>> It also works to image-update from openindiana.
>>
> I believe you also updating usage license... :-)

Yes, with updating to from OpenSolaris to Solaris Express, user loose
ability to run Solaris distribution in production,unless you pay
and ability to access source code (no matter do you pay or not).

One have an Option of upgrading to OpenIndiana and then retain ability
to use Solaris distribution for every usage case.