[OpenIndiana-discuss] Need help to recover files on ZFS disk partition.

Anthony Renaud anthony_renaud65 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 22:40:38 UTC 2010

I have a disk partition with OpenSolaris build 132 on it,trying to upgrade to build 134 it became unbootable.Using the LiveCD and from it I need to mount that disk partition to recover files to a pen drive.
It is a USB external HDD with several partitions,one of them is ZFS formatted with OpenSolaris on it.Using GParted I know its device name: /dev/dsk/c5t0d0p2I tried:zfs set mountpoint=legacy /dev/dsk/c5t0d0p2mount -F zfs /dev/dsk/c5t0d0p2 /mnt
It did not work.I know it is "Linux type for mounting filesystems",with Solaris the things are a little different,but now I do not have the time to read literature about ZFS filesystems etc.,later I intend to do that.So,now I need someone to give me advice about a straightforward method to mount my disk partition filesystem from the OpenSolaris LiveCD.
                                                    Thanks.