[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building Ekiga/OPAL with H264/H263 support

Kevin J. Woolley kjw at javabunny.net
Fri Nov 26 04:29:38 UTC 2010

On Thursday, 25 November, 2010 20:12, "Hillel Lubman" <shtetldik at gmail.com> said:

> On 25/11/10 22:48, Chdslv wrote:
>> "Could not operate on /var/pkg/lock
>> because of insufficient permissions. Please try the command again using
>> pfexec
>> or otherwise increase your privileges."
>>
>> How do you go from here, I don't know.
>>
> try to run for example: *pfexec pkg install <something>*
> This will run pkg with increased privileges..

If pfexec doesn't do what you want, try:

su -

It will probably say that root's password is expired and needs to be reset.  The root password is the same as the one you set up for your user account during the installation.  Set the new root password and pfexec may work -- I don't use pfexec and don't have an OI machine handy to test it.

Failing that, do:

sudo pkg install <name of package without angle brackets, of course>

The password for sudo is the same as the current user.  If it says that the user isn't in sudoers, use "su -" to get back to being root and then do a "visudo" and follow the instructions in the file to add a user.  The line will look something like "username ALL = (ALL) ALL".  There should be one there for root already -- just copy the line and change the username.

Hope that helps,

kjw