[OpenIndiana-discuss] livecd zpool import -fR /a xpool but no files

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon Nov 29 07:57:48 UTC 2010

Calum Mackay <calum.mackay at cdmnet.org> writes:

> To address your current situation, I would try booting the ISO/Live
> again, and seeing what "zpool import" says. If it's xpool, or anything
> other than rpool, then:
>
> 	zpool import -f -R /a badpool rpool
>
> [where "badpool" is whatever was reported by "zpool import"]
>
> to rename it to rpool, then try the above steps, or just export and reboot.
>
> Hopefully that will get you back going again...

I did that as posted previously... that is boot livecd, import
badpool, export goodpool

but on reboot I just get a grub prompt.

But I jumped the gun and just started over with a new install.  Didn't
seem to be going anywhere with my experiment...

I believe as you found that it is a working method and that I did
something or several somethings, blundering around to cause my own
problems.

Once I get the new install going... I may try it again just to make
sure I can do it.

Thanks for your patience and the time you put into answers.