[OpenIndiana-discuss] livecd zpool import -fR /a xpool but no files

Frank Middleton f.middleton at apogeect.com
Tue Nov 30 01:25:55 UTC 2010

On 11/29/10 10:48, Calum Mackay wrote:
> On 29/11/10 15:34, Frank Middleton wrote:
>> Just a guess, but shouldn't the mountpoint first be set back to "/"
>>
>> zfs umount newrpool/ROOT/openindiana
>> zfs set mountpoint=/ newrpool/ROOT/openindiana
>> zpool export newrpool
>
> I did not find that to be necessary in my own tests...

Yes, I guess the bootfs property overrides it, and it's incorrect, anyway:
zfs set mountpoint=legacy
but as you say it doesn't seem to make any difference. As a result I
wonder why importing a bootable root pool doesn't mount its root
automatically. Are there any use cases where the current behavior
is useful? A recursive option like import -r might be handy...

> Also, note the above would likely render the system unbootable, as it
> would leave the pool named as newrpool (as per previous emails).

Unless it started out life as newrpool :-).

That is undoubtedly why the OP had the problem...

Cheers -- Frank