[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bordeaux running on OpenIndiana

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Fri Oct 1 14:32:20 UTC 2010

  I would like to purchase a pre release but I did want to make sure it
was the solaris build I should buy.  Could you just send the link to the
product?

On 10/ 1/10 04:39 AM, Tom Wickline wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Today I compiled Bordeaux 2.0.8, Wine 1.2 and our other bundled tools (wget,
> unzip, cabextract) etc. on OpenIndiana
> and was pleasantly surprised how well everything went.
>
> I did run into one problem with the install, after I built Bordeaux I tried
> to pfexec the install but it wouldn't
> let me install to /opt and I had to chmod /opt so I could write to the
> directory. Other then that everything has
> been working very good.
>
> Ive only ran a couple test apps so far, UTorrent 2.0.4 (latest release btw)
> and Foobar 2000 to test sound.
>
> Over the next couple weeks ill test more apps and some games and if all goes
> well I will release Bordeaux
> 2.0.8 for OpenIndiana before the end of this month.
>
> See : http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/press-release/bordeaux-openindiana for
> some screen shots.
>
> If you or a friend needs to run Windows Applications or Games on OpenIndiana
> please consider making
> a purchase... I really want to support OpenIndiana and have future releases,
> but to be honest it boils down
> to sales...
>
> In the post at bordeauxgroup.com you will see I have made the offer if we
> receive 50 licence sales in the next
> month we will prioritise the 3.0 release for OpenIndiana and release here
> first. And then release for Linux, Mac
> FreeBSD PCBSD later in the release cycle.
>
> Cheers,
> Tom

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson