[OpenIndiana-discuss] PostgreSQL and ERP application

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 12:37:56 UTC 2010

Russell,

I've made a commitment to openindiana to provide builds of PostgreSQL for the community. While we haven't yet done such a build on OI, we've been building all versions for our own use on Solaris Sparc and openSolaris x86 up through PG v 9 RC 1. We build all with SSL support, so you will have not only pgcrypto, but the extra cipher suppor SSL brings to it.

(We are heavy PostgreSQL users, including supporting clients using xTuple). We're working through the 'how to's for IPS package building; may need some support on that front ourselves.

Lou Picciano