[OpenIndiana-discuss] Kernel panic after upgrading to OpenIndiana

Thorsten Heit thorsten.heit at vkb.de
Mon Oct 4 10:30:15 UTC 2010

Michael <michaelsprivate at gmail.com> schrieb am 04.10.2010 12:12:13:

> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Thorsten Heit <thorsten.heit at vkb.de>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> It seems very easy to overlook, but it is my understanding that you
> >> always need to run these steps in a specific order:
> >> first just run import by itself
> >>
> >> pfexec zpool import
> >>     <output will list pools available for import>
> >
> > Great, didn't know about that. Thanks :-)
> >

> >> Just run import by itself first and all should be well.
> >
> > Unfortunately not :-(
> >
> > Booting the OI USB image, the above command gives the following
output:

> > jack at opensolaris:~$ pfexec zpool import
>
> what happens if you "zpool export" one of the non-root pools in osol,
> and then run "zpool import" on OI?

Same result on the exported pool called "tank":

jack at opensolaris:~$ pfexec zpool import
  pool: tank
    id: 2207250781070144862
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices contains corrupted data.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-5E
config:

        tank        UNAVAIL  insufficient replicas
          c4t5d0    UNAVAIL  corrupted data

etc.

Regards

Thorsten