[OpenIndiana-discuss] KDE on OpenIndiana (was: openindiana more popular)

Daniel Kjar dkjar at elmira.edu
Wed Oct 6 19:21:06 UTC 2010

  I thought so too... luckily the network admin will work with me on
this.  However, since my connection openindiana.org was toast yesterday
(anybody else in the states have this problem?) and bionic was awful I
couldn't get anywhere with KDE.

On 10/ 6/10 06:20 AM, Albert Lee wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Daniel Kjar<dkjar at elmira.edu>  wrote:
>>   I have been having a problem with bionicmutton and wondered if something
>> sinister might be going on.  Sonicwall is blocking some of the packages
>> throwing out all kinds of trojan warnings.  Anybody else seen this happen?
>>
>> *This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Please
>> contact the Helpdesk if you have questions. Name: Peed.JOB_2 (Trojan)*
>>
> Yes, there is something sinister at work here: SonicWALL.
>
> The likelihood of a piece of Windows malware (apparently a variant of
> the "Magania" trojan designed to steal game account passwords) being
> introduced into a package repository for OpenSolaris whose package
> operations include hash verification is fairly miniscule.
>
> -Albert

Dr. Daniel Kjar
Assistant Professor of Biology
Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Elmira College
1 Park Place
Elmira, NY 14901
607-735-1826
http://faculty.elmira.edu/dkjar

"...humans send their young men to war; ants send their old ladies"
	-E. O. Wilson