[OpenIndiana-discuss] KDE on OpenIndiana (was: openindiana more popular)

Albert Lee trisk at opensolaris.org
Wed Oct 6 10:20:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Daniel Kjar <dkjar at elmira.edu> wrote:
>  I have been having a problem with bionicmutton and wondered if something
> sinister might be going on.  Sonicwall is blocking some of the packages
> throwing out all kinds of trojan warnings.  Anybody else seen this happen?
>
> *This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Please
> contact the Helpdesk if you have questions. Name: Peed.JOB_2 (Trojan)*

Yes, there is something sinister at work here: SonicWALL.

The likelihood of a piece of Windows malware (apparently a variant of
the "Magania" trojan designed to steal game account passwords) being
introduced into a package repository for OpenSolaris whose package
operations include hash verification is fairly miniscule.

-Albert