[OpenIndiana-discuss] IPS pkg popularity contests

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Oct 9 16:36:54 UTC 2010

Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
> So, however priorities should be set, I think
> it should take into account three things:
> * demand

One thing the OpenSolaris team used to analyze demand for packages
was to check the logs of searches on pkg.opensolaris.org that didn't
find any packages.  The OpenIndiana team should be able to check the
logs of the pkg servers they control, and possibly work out something
with mirror sites to share statistics.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com