[OpenIndiana-discuss] The name: "OpenIndiana" (part II)

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sun Oct 10 15:22:26 UTC 2010

Gabriel de la Cruz wrote:
> My "twisted statement" relies on appealing the fact there is no mutual
> respect, for that you are making great contribution, "grow up"?.

Yes. In what way was James' request not polite and lacking respect? If
you cannot handle a simple request and have to throw a tantrum, 'grow
up' seems to be an appropriate reminder unless of course the word please
has some other meaning in your book. At which point, I am no longer
interested.

And yes, if you did not try to twist a statement about the acceptance of
technical contributions to 'must accept administrative changes from
anybody or cannot use "open" or "community"' then I do not know what it
is. Since when did 'open' and 'community' give everybody the right to
make administrative decisions/suggestions without limit?

We missed the boat on the name decision. Live with it.