[OpenIndiana-discuss] gcc linker

McBofh james.c.mcpherson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 22:16:08 UTC 2010

On 13/10/10 11:01 AM, Edward Martinez wrote:

> On 10/12/10 11:33, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> if you succeed building LibreOffice it would be nice if you could
>> document the building procedures and issues you've encountered
>> on our wiki (http://wiki.openindiana.org, if you don't have an
>> account just ask on IRC in #oi-dev for one)? That might
>> significantly increase the chances that LibreOffice will be
>> included in a future development release of OpenIndiana :)
>> Also, I have already asked about Solaris and OpenIndiana support
>> in #libreoffice and there are some friendly folks with
>> Solaris/Opensolaris experience which offered assistance building
>> it. So, you might want to try to get help from their side as well
>> or notify them of any bugs/issues you've run into.
> Hi, :-)
>
> I tried using both "sunstudioexpress" and "sunstdio12u1".like it states
>here: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenSolaris_Build_Instructions/Configure_Errors#Error:_GCC_Linker .
> LibreOffice...now is throwing a different hissy fit that it does not like the "version":
>

> "checking the SunStudio C/C++ compiler version... configure: error: found version "5.10", use version 5.5, 5.7, 5.8 or 5.9 of the SunStudio C/C++ compiler
> make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1"
>
> I did a fast search online for Sunstudio and sunstudioexpress version
>5.9 like the error is asking for,but I was not able to find it?
> Now I'm starting to think Libreoffice project did not have Opensolaris
>and openindiana in mine when libreoffice beta was released ;-)

Grab a copy of Studio 12 instead of SSExpress:

$ /opt/SUNWspro/SS12/bin/cc -V
cc: Sun C 5.9 SunOS_i386 Patch 124868-10 2009/04/30

compare with

$ /opt/SUNWspro/sunstudio12.1/bin/cc -V
cc: Sun C 5.10 SunOS_i386 Patch 142363-03 2009/12/03

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+tools/sun_studio_tools

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+tools/sun_studio_12_tools
http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/documentation/ss12/legal.html

McB