[OpenIndiana-discuss] gcc linker

Edward Martinez mindbender_1 at live.com
Wed Oct 13 15:14:07 UTC 2010

  On 10/12/10 15:16, McBofh wrote:
> On 13/10/10 11:01 AM, Edward Martinez wrote:
>>
>> On 10/12/10 11:33, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> if you succeed building LibreOffice it would be nice if you could
>>> document the building procedures and issues you've encountered
>>> on our wiki (http://wiki.openindiana.org, if you don't have an
>>> account just ask on IRC in #oi-dev for one)? That might
>>> significantly increase the chances that LibreOffice will be
>>> included in a future development release of OpenIndiana :)
>>> Also, I have already asked about Solaris and OpenIndiana support
>>> in #libreoffice and there are some friendly folks with
>>> Solaris/Opensolaris experience which offered assistance building
>>> it. So, you might want to try to get help from their side as well
>>> or notify them of any bugs/issues you've run into.
>> Hi, :-)
>>
>> I tried using both "sunstudioexpress" and "sunstdio12u1".like it states
>> here:
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenSolaris_Build_Instructions/Configure_Errors#Error:_GCC_Linker
>> .
>> LibreOffice...now is throwing a different hissy fit that it does not
>> like the "version":
>>

>> "checking the SunStudio C/C++ compiler version... configure: error:
>> found version "5.10", use version 5.5, 5.7, 5.8 or 5.9 of the
>> SunStudio C/C++ compiler
>> make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1"
>>
>> I did a fast search online for Sunstudio and sunstudioexpress version
>> 5.9 like the error is asking for,but I was not able to find it?
>> Now I'm starting to think Libreoffice project did not have Opensolaris
>> and openindiana in mine when libreoffice beta was released ;-)
>

> Grab a copy of Studio 12 instead of SSExpress:
>
> $ /opt/SUNWspro/SS12/bin/cc -V
> cc: Sun C 5.9 SunOS_i386 Patch 124868-10 2009/04/30
>
> compare with
>
> $ /opt/SUNWspro/sunstudio12.1/bin/cc -V
> cc: Sun C 5.10 SunOS_i386 Patch 142363-03 2009/12/03
>

> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+tools/sun_studio_tools
>

> http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+tools/sun_studio_12_tools
>
> http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/documentation/ss12/legal.html
>

> McB

       Hi,

     Thanks... Sun Studio 12 did the trick. :-)
     But now it appears it requires "xulrunner" and I don't think there
is  an opensolaris native xulrunner package out there :-( ,   The
following is the  error I'm getting when trying to compile libreoffice:

                "checking for MOZILLAXPCOM... configure: error: Package
requirements (libxul ) were not met:

                         No package 'libxul' found

                 Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
variable if you

               Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
MOZILLAXPCOM_CFLAGS
               and MOZILLAXPCOM_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

              make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1"

                 Regards
                  Edward